><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Fish Came Home.

Today, I lost my job due to a corporate buyout and companywide reorganization. Even though my fish belonged to the company, they let me take them home. I was nearly in tears when I asked if I could take them. HA! I didn't cry over my job loss, but the thought of losing my fish brought me to my knees to beg. To think when I first inherited them they bothered me as an extra job responsibility. Ironic.

My husband drained the tank to 1/4 full and lifted it and put it in his truck's front seat to drive home. When we got them inside, we set up the tank and refilled it with bottled water. I was concerned because I knew the bottled water, while room temperature, certainly wasn't 74 degrees or anything close to that, which is how warm their tank was.

Also, one of the females looked like she was in shock -- they all did, but her moreso than the others. I was worried that she wouldn't make it. (sigh)