><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend Away.

I went away this weekend. The fish did just fine without me or food for two days. Who knew. Even the babies did just fine.

When I arrived home, I moved the holding mama and her fancy contraption out of the main tank and into the 5 gallon tank. She's still in her contraption, since she's still holding her babies and she should have let them go last week, I'm thinking she felt too exposed with the other adult fish "sharking" around her holding cell. Hopefully, she'll feel safer in the smaller tank. I put some First Bites food in her holding cell, so hopefully the babies she's holding and the mama will get some nourishment.

Her color is kind of pale and her stripes were standing out in stark relief. I think she's getting weaker by the day. She has expanded her gills to make more room for the babies that she's holding, her throat looks like she has major cellulite from the babies poking against it. Her throat is also partially transparent now and I can see her babies eyes reflecting light. It's kind of weird looking.

In the baby tank, I noticed an albino baby swimming off by itself in the corner. That worries me, in the past that indicates that maybe I'll be picking another dead baby out of that tank in the next couple of days. (sigh)