><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fish Loss.

See, yesterday… yesterday I had a “Monday.” We’ll start with the fish. Late Sunday night, we lost one of the Inherited Fish Fry. The poor baby just wasn’t strong enough, I guess. It was so tiny, barely bigger than a piece of rice. And I’m worried about Momma Inherited Fish, she’s active but has some of the skin scraped off her bottom lip. So maybe she’s fighting with one of the other fish? Should I do anything to help her lip heal?

Of course I took a picture of it… baby on the left and piece of rice on the right…

Then, yesterday we lost all three of our pretty little baby goldfish. It started with the calico one, the one that was acting weird last week. Remember, I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it? Too late, I finally figured it out when I happened across this page on the Internet on “ich” or “ick” – a parasite that, from what I understand, is kind of to fish what ticks are to humans. Shortly after calico died, the other two followed, all because of ich. I felt so bad for them, I wish there was a way we could have just euthanized the poor fish – they were having such tough time. How DOES a person euthanize a fish?

On the flip side, we DO have TWENTY Inherited Fish Fry that seem to be healthy and happy in the baby tank (that I was able to count), that’s a whole lotta fry.

Top view of Fry Tank, 17 fry visible in this picture…