><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

How Fish Do It.

I stopped at a local aquarium store yesterday and was chatting up the owner. He told me that if I can get my next Inherited Fish Fry to live that he’d be happy to take them AND give me money or a store credit! This is a good thing, because we presently have two females that are “holding” right now. That means we’ll start out with approximately 50 little babies. I’ve just gotta figure out how keep the wee ones alive and not devastate my emotions when I lose some in the process. Hrm.

The one thing I didn’t like was he tried to talk me into bringing in my Male Inherited Fish. As if I’d wanna sell Male Inherited Fish? Please. If I didn’t have him around to watch, whatever would I do all day? Really. He’s very fascinating to watch. I present to you Inherited Fish Videos.

“Why would I do such a thing?” You ask. “Why, because It’s your lucky day!” I reply.

Step #1. It all starts with the charm: Link
Step #2. Then he cleans their nest (watch closely at the end when he dumps rocks out of his mouth): Link
Step #3. And cleans their stump (almost falls off of it, hee hee): Link
Step #4. And, finally, fertilizes her eggs (really seems anticlimatic to all the rest of it, if you ask me): Link