><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Big Babies Moved.

I took 20 more bigger babies over to the fish store this afternoon. I went to the fish tank where I'd put my other babies and I didn't recognize them. I asked if those were mine and they said yes. Holy Crap. In one week's time, the babies I brought last week had grown A HALF AN INCH. That's unbelieveable. They were big. And healthy. They hadn't lost any to death, in fact, they had SOLD four of them. Wow.

We put the babies I brought today in the same tank with them, I hope they'll be okay, they're a half inch smaller. Eep. The owner seemed to think they'd be okay. (sigh)

I didn't hang out for long, just a few minutes and then went on home. The owner seemed kind of disappointed; I just didn't want to be in his way.

The male fish was swimming rapidly up and down the front of his 5 gallon tank. I guess he's either not happy or that's his way of getting his exercise since he doesn't have a 36 gallon tank and 7 females to harass. Poor thing. He's healthy and eating voraciously -- so I think he's okay.