><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, May 27, 2006

35 Babies Moved.

I was gonna put it off, moving the babies. But I looked at them in there, so many, so little space and decided to just go ahead and do it.

Even though I have a tank divider in the 12 gallon baby tank, a few big ones snuck over to the small side and a few small babies to the big side. Today was the day I was gonna move all the bigger ones, even the ones mixed up on the small side.

I started with the big baby side of the tank and pulled all the ornaments out of that side and went to work catching them with a net. They're getting quicker and quicker, hiding up behind the filter intake and behind the heater. Little stinkers.

Then I pulled the ornament out of the small baby side and a dead baby floated up. There was one I'd pulled out of the big baby side and moved to the small side a couple nights ago that looked like he'd been beaten up a bit, but when I went to catch him again to isolate him, he scurried off and I couldn't get him. I think the dead one today was him. (sigh)

I captured 35 total and moved them to the fish store today. In return, I got an automatic feeder which I plan to use to feed the females in the 36 gallon tank.