><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fish Heat.

I don't remember if I mentioned, a second female went into heat and laid eggs this week. I had two females tumbling eggs and then, I guess they both dropped them, too, since all the females are eating again. So very strange.

I saw the male doing his mating dance the other day in his little 6 gallon tank, all by himself. *shrug* I really don't know. Maybe it's their way of masturbating.

The four albinos that we're growing in the five gallon tank are getting big. They're at 1 1/2 inches long now, I was surprised to see that. I put a white plastic plant for them to hide in and escape from each other. I noticed they were being kind of aggressive with each other last week. The plant seems to break up their aggression, they hide amongst the leaves of it and since it, too, is white, it acts as a camouflage for them and they don't really see each other.

The other babies in the 12 gallon tank are doing well, too. Voracious little eaters, when I lift the lid to drop their food in, they all swim to the top immediately.

Ohhhh, I went downstairs the other night and took pictures of them sleeping. They didn't like the flash going off but I got some of them with their little faces pointed downward and then the rest of them huddled on the bottom of the tank.




























They're so cute and get along so well when they're sleeping. Like little angels. ;)