><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fish Update.

All of the fish are doing really well.

Babies (12 gallon tank & 5 gallon tank):

The babies are growing big. I still have the tank divider in the 12 gallon and haven't yet taken another batch of fish into the fish store. My husband even commented tonight that, boy those babies are getting big, time to take them in to their new home. Yup. The bigger babies are on the left side and the smaller ones are on the right side. They see me coming and head to the top of the tank. Usually, when I'm in their area, I have food and they know the food will be at the top.

The four albino babies I put in the 5 gallon tank have all established their territories and stick to them. Of course, there's a dominant one and that one swims in the middle of the tank and torpedos whoever dares invade his territory. The albinos are doing well, healthy and eating.

Male Fish (6 gallon tank):

He's still in the 6 gallon tank, patiently (?) waiting for the 12 gallon tank to become available. It's been warm and I've been trying to figure out ways to keep his tank cooler. Since it's in the corner, it tends to get up to 78 or 79 degrees. I like to keep the tanks at 76.5. One of our cats has been demonstrating an unnatural fascination with him and there have been a couple mornings when Male Fish won't eat because he's so upset. When I figured out what was going on (cat prints on the top of the tank), I draped a scat mat (delivers an electric shock to whoever touches it) over the top of his tank and things seem to be okay for him now.

Female Fish (36 gallon tank):

They're all healthy and busy. One female maintains her dominancy, it's the other female's jobs to invade it. They're like the babies in that they see me and swim to the top of the tank to await their food.