><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Stable?

I'm still working on getting the six gallon tank's temperature stabilized. In the morning I turn it down a notch and the heater goes off, but then when I come home the temperature is up over 78 degrees.

Today I turned it way down. The tank cooled off to 74.9, so I turned it up just a bit. The heater came on and brought it up to 75.5. If it continues to stay at 75.5-ish, I can put Male Fish back in there.

*time lapse of one hour*

The six gallon tank is staying at 75.4. This is good.

For now Mr. Blue is still in the five gallon tank, but the algae growth is going nuts in there, it's basically a green tank. Poor fellow. Mr. Blue seems okay, though. I wish the tank was big enough that I could put the algae eater from the 36 gallon tank in with Mr. Blue. Boy, oh, boy, that algae eater would have some good eatin's.

I set up the auto feeder on the 36 gallon tank. That was a bit of a project, I had to clip the plastic piece that goes over the top rear of the tank to make room for it and cut another piece so the food could dispense into the tank. Then I had to figure out how to program it and ration the proper amount of food to dispense. It's set up now and working. It's a nice feeder. Instead of the entire food holder rotating on the timer (like my old one, which gathered too much condensation), the timer is digital and when it's feeding time, the food holder rotates quickly around, opens the little trap door, dispenses the food, rotates back up and shuts its little trap door. Takes about three seconds. Pretty snazzy.

To the left, the 12 gallon baby tank.
In the middle, empty 6 gallon tank.
To the right, 5 gallon tank with Mr. Blue hiding behind his tree rock.