><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Mr. Blue Memorial.

I miss Mr. Blue in ways I can't really even describe. I never realized how much I watched him, or listened to his little noises. Or how many times he entered my thoughts during the day, even when I wasn't home.

I had been planning to breed him again in a month or so, when the little white females are big enough to go in the 36 gallon tank. I had planned to put a barrier up in the 12 gallon tank and put Mr. Blue on one side and Mr. White on the other. I didn't want them to beat each other up. Then I was gonna replace the 5 gallon and 6 gallon tank with a single 10 gallon tank. Then, when a female was ready to drop her eggs, I was gonna move her over to the male tank and let them do their thing.

All of those plans were foibled when Mr. Blue died. I miss him so much.

I moved ahead and moved Mr. White into the 12 gallon tank with the three white females. The white females are too young to breed, but I moved one of the smaller grey females over, also, from the 36 gallon tank to the 12 gallon tank. She had a rough adjustment period, but she's okay now. She was ready to drop her eggs, but I don't think she wants to breed with Mr. White. For the most part, she keeps on one side of the tank away from the four white fish. (sigh)

I bought a 10 gallon tank, disassembled the 5 & 6 gallon tanks. When I was pouring the water from Mr. Blue's tank into the gardenia plant, the plant where Mr. Blue is buried, I realized that even though Mr. Blue's spirit is no longer there, this would be the last time he would be surrounded by his water. I cried for him, again, that night.

Grief cycles. Just like life.

Tonight I made a Christmas ornament memorializing him. Maybe it's stupid, I don't know. But I feel better knowing that he will be remembered by me. During his life, he made me laugh at his antics and cry when I was worried about him.

He touched my life and made it better.

Mr. Blue Christmas Ornament