><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

38 Babies Moved.

I moved 38 babies over to the fish store tonight.

There are still 13 babies here at home, 4 of which are the white albinos that I'm gonna grow to adulthood.

It was time to do this move. I've hung on to them as long as I can. The bigger ones were beating up on the little ones, I had three babies in isolation tanks because they were missing one of their lower front fins. They weren't very happy either way, in isolation or free in the tank.

Moving those 38 babies out gives needed tank space to grow these final little runts up. It made me sad to move them, though. One of them had a hard time with the move. She kind of went into shock and started to swim sideways. Poor thing.

By the time I left the fish store, though, she was swimming just fine. They have a 20 gallon tank all to themselves for tonight. Who knows what they'll put in there with them tomorrow. Little babies.

One of my females in the 36 gallon tank is, apparently, getting into fights. Her right eye looks like its missing part of his lower lid and she's missing some of her gills on the front of her face. She was really aggressive last night when I noticed it. I hope she heals. I don't like seeing her like that.

After coming home tonight, I find myself feeling kind of sad about my baby fish project coming to an end. Temporarily, I know. But still... I've been growing fry now for about a year. I think I'll kind of miss it while I take a break.