><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Monday, December 18, 2006

How's Stuff in the Tanks.

The white fish tank has settled down some. Mr. White is no longer frantically herding the females, nor is he moving rocks. The grey female is no longer hiding or swimming frantically.

Last week at some point, each fish (even Mr. White) had a loose scale, so I guess they ALL got into a big fight with someone. They've all healed now.

But still no babies.

In the 36 gallon tank, all the females are doing fine. They're still cycling with laying eggs and holding them for a couple days and then releasing. I changed the filter again, I can't believe it was already time again, I just changed it after Thanksgiving. But it was filthy. I was irritated because I normally put another filter in front of the water spout, which keeps a lot of the crap from getting into the water. That didn't work this time, it slipped.

Have to admit that it was funny, all the stuff in the water roused the algae eater fish. He was going nuts trying to get the best of the crap.