><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Baby Tank.

I have the fish tank holding the baby fish sitting on a corner of my kitchen counter. When I set something on the counter that makes a sharp noise, they all kind of jump, but then they settle down and come over to the side of the tank where I'm at to see what I'm doing.

I've created a habit that when I'm getting ready to feed them, I tap on the dish that contains their food. All the babies come swimming out of their hiding spots and wait.

Tonight, I was washing dishes. I was making quite a clatter in the kitchen, scrubbing and slinging water about. My husband looked up and said, "All your baby fish are watching you!" I looked over at the tank and, sure enough, all 50 little babies were crammed into the corner of the tank, trying to figure out what I was doing.

They're very curious little critters -- I think that's a good sign. :)