><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mr. Blue and All Them Babies.

I moved Mr. Blue back into the 6 gallon tank on Thursday evening. The temperature finally stabilized enough for me to feel comfortable doing the move. It now runs between 75 - 76.5 degrees (fahrenheit). The heater kicks on around 74.9, that's okay. Especially, when I factor in that for the two years they were at the office and I had no idea they even required a heater or had a thermometer on their tank that they did just fine.

He seems to be okay in there, I moved his tree rock with him. He hides behind that when he's afraid and there's a space on the other half of the tank that's just rocks, so he can "flash" over there to his heart's desire. He moved the rocks out of the middle of the pile, so it kind of looks like a donut -- whatever makes him happy.

The babies are doing well. To my knowledge, I haven't lost any. I see a bit of aggressive behaviour from the 4 larger albino babies, but most of that is displayed when it's feeding time. It's about time to take another batch of them over to the fish store -- about 20 of them, I think, would be good to take. Probably next Saturday. Then, a couple weeks after that, I'll probably take the rest of the babies over.

Then, I'll just have the 4 albinos, Mr. Blue, the 7 females and 1 algae eater.

I want the albinos to reach adulthood so I can determine if any of them are males. I do not want to put another male in the tank with all the females.