><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Moving Strategy.

I moved the albino female that I'd put in the 10 gallon tank over to the 36 gallon tank. I kept her in a holding cell until it was around 2 in the morning and all the fish were asleep.

I had concerns of her being eaten alive, she's not very smart.

This morning I came downstairs around 11 AM and she was just fine. She's keeping to herself in the upper regions of the tank, her fins are fine, she's fine. The other females don't seem to have any interest in her -- this is good.

I moved the other albino female that had been in the holding cell in the 12 gallon tank (she had been beaten up pretty bad) into the 10 gallon tank. I'm giving her a bit of time to finish healing and then I'll move her over to the 36 gallon tank, too.

The third albino female is hiding up in the corner of the 12 gallon tank, away from the albino male. I don't think he'll breed with her. He only appears to be interested in beating the crap out of her. So, i'll likely end up moving her over to the 36 gallon tank, too. Leaving Mr. White all by himself.

Not sure what I'm gonna do as far as breeding fish goes. I may take the fish store owner up on his offer of finding another Mr. Blue as it appears that the females have no interest whatsoever in breeding with the albino male.

(sigh)

But, I'm glad they seem to be okay in the big tank.