><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Consolidation.

I decided tonight that I would move the two albino females out of the 10 gallon tank and into the 36 gallon tank with all the other females. Since we're moving into warmer weather now, I prefer to have them in a larger tank where the temperature doesn't fluctuate as much as the 10 gallon tank's does. Plus, I have an automatic feeder a top the 36 gallon tank and since pretty soon we'll be out of town for a week, I thought that the auto feeder would be a plus.

They've been doing really well in the 10 gallon so, as always, I'm questioning the wisdom of my decision. I hope they'll do well in the big tank.

I'm somewhat suspicious that one of the albino "females" is actually a sub-dominant male, I'm really not sure, though. It has exhibited some behavior toward the other albino female that I've only ever see a male display. They were both the same size when I put them into the 10 gallon tank and now, one of them, the one I'm suspicious of, is quite a bit larger than the other one. Plus, with my fish, the male's dorsal fin ends in a dramatic point while the females dorsal fins are rounded at the end. Its dorsal fin is pointed, but not dramatically so.

I guess we'll find out for sure if I start seeing babies in the big tank.

Labels: