><((((º> Nothing But Fish

Friday, February 24, 2006

Playing Musical Tanks without the Music.

><((((º> -- Momma #3 and Momma #4 swap
Wednesday morning, around 1:30 AM while it was dark, I let Momma #3 into the main tank. Wednesday evening, I bottled captured Momma #4 and put her in the holding cell in the main tank that had just been vacated by Momma #3.

Momma #4 is the smartest of the female fish, she always has been. She wouldn't go into the bottle, every fish but her went in there. I had to keep letting them out. Then Baby #3 swam into the bottle just as Momma #4 looked like she was going in. *exasperated sigh* I grabbed a net and helped her into the bottle. The only problem was, now I had TWO fish in the bottle. One little one and one big pregnant one. It worked out, though, just a little cramped for five minutes or so while I set things up.

Thursday night, I decided to move Momma #4 over to the baby tank until she spits her fry. She's due today, Friday -- but she may hold them a little longer. This is her third pregnancy, so I think she knows what she's doing by now.

><((((º> -- The Wobbler
I spotted The Wobbler tonight, I was able to get a good look at his little body and I really do think he was affected the rock that his momma was also holding along with him and his other siblings. His body is misshapen, indented, as if something pressed alongside him while he was developing. I have a picture of him... I'll have to post it.

><((((º> -- The New 36 Gallon Tank

I'm cycling the tank, have been since Tuesday or Wednesday. I had to take the heater back and get a different one, I had bought the wrong size for my tank. I'm swapping water between the new tank and the 12 gallon tank, a couple gallons each night. I figure by next Monday or Tuesday it should be okay to start moving the fish into their new home.